SCHOOL active shooter and intruder response training
We live in an unpredictable world.
The mission of Strategos International is to equip businesses, schools and churches to be prepared for the unforeseen.
Whether intruders are armed with a handgun, a rifle or simply a bad attitude, they can cause catastrophic damage.
Strategos’ active shooter training is designed with the idea that you – the person on the scene when the attack occurs – are the true first-responder. What you do may determine who lives and dies that day.
While we’d like to think that people can rise to the occasion, it’s more accurate to state that people rise – or fall – based on the level of their training. Our natural responses to violent intruders are often completely at odds with what we need to do to prevail. Absent training, people have often:
- Run toward the sound of gunfire to confirm that the threat was real.
- Engaged in “normalcy bias” – denying that they’re under attack despite overwhelming evidence.
- Freeze in place instead of taking fundamental actions such as locking a door.
We’ve trained more than 125,000 people (and counting). Knowledge is power – power to resist and prevail against a violent intruder.
When people are trained, they can respond to a threat with confidence and resolve.
Please note that many school and business trainings are private and therefore aren't listed on our calendar. Please contact us to schedule a course or learn about opportunities near you.
School Security Training
Schools have made many strides toward security, but there's still room to improve. And when lives are on the line, excellence is the only option. We train students, teachers, administrative staff and empower educator to train others. From the bus driver to the classroom teacher, all school personnel have a vital part in protecting students and staff.
Since many of our school courses are private, they're not listed on our calendars. Please contact us to schedule a course or learn about opportunities near you.
- School Active Shooter and Intruder Response Training (4 or 8 hours)
- Bus Driver Awareness, Safety and Intruder Response Training (4 hours)
- The Parent and Community Role in Responding to the Threat of School Active Shooters (2 hours)
- Behavior Pattern Recognition for School Violence (4 hours, 8 hours or 3 days)
- Crisis Casualty Care for School Personnel (8 hours)
- School Intruder Response Instructor Course (5 days)
- Intruder Response for Day Care and Child Care Providers (4 hours)
- Suicide Prevention, Awareness and Response Strategies (S.P.A.R.S.)
- Conflict Management and De-Escalation
SCHOOL SECURITY CONSULTING
Whether you need an evaluation of your campus, your entryways or your overall security policies, Strategos can meet and provide a customized plan. Contact us to learn more.