Iowa School Safety and Security: Senate File 2364
How can your school or district comply with the law?
Iowa's governor signed Senate File 2364 into law on Wednesday, April 11. The act requires Iowa school districts and accredited nonpublic schools to develop high-quality emergency operations plans for school buildings. Plans must be completed by June 30, 2019.
- Are to be developed in cooperation with law enforcement and emergency management officials.
- Must include responses to active-shooters as well as natural disasters.
- Require all school personnel to conduct emergency drills.
"According to the Iowa Department of Education, 88 percent of Iowa school districts report having security plans, but less than 10 percent are high-quality plans with 'walk-through' drills for school staff." – The Cedar Rapids Gazette
Strategos International has trained more than 125,000 people in active-shooter and intruder response since 2002. We specialize in:
- Developing emergency response plans
- Facility reviews
- Active shooter response and lockdown training for schools, churches and businesses
We invite you to receive a free consultation on helping your school district align with Senate File 2364.