Pastoral Platform Protection for Church Protectors (2 Days)
Most churches do not require full-time pastoral protection. However, there are some occasions where situational protection is needed for pastors and others within the church.
This course equips church security teams to protect pastors, key leaders and their immediate families. It addresses protecting a speaker at a platform, a traveling speaker and international travel (such as a mission trip).
The training will enable a church security team to evaluate whether pastoral protection is needed on a full-time or situational basis.
Who should attend?
Pastors, church security teams, church administrators, facility managers
- Biblical authority for church safety and protection
- Threat assessment
- Recognizing traits of suspicious behavior
- Recognizing traits of armed individuals
- O.O.D.A. Cycle (observe, orient, decide and act)
- A winning mindset
- Awareness priority matrix
- Sanctuary prioritization
- General concepts of pastoral protection
- Selection of protectors
- The protection detail
- Levels of protection
- Foot escort formations
- Altar call protocols
- Diagonal deployment within the sanctuary
- Foot escort counter ambush tactics
- Platform protection
- Vehicle escort
- Vehicle entry and exit
- The importance of a proper advance reviews
- Site surveys
- Waist-type holster
- Comfortable clothing for practical exercises
- An outer garment to conceal firearm (sport coat, vest, or jacket)
- Eye, ear, groin, and neck protection, gloves
- Chest protection for women