CHURCH active shooter and intruder response training
We live in an unpredictable world.
The mission of Strategos International is to equip businesses, schools and churches to be prepared for the unforeseen.
Whether intruders are armed with a handgun, a rifle or simply a bad attitude, they can cause catastrophic damage.
Strategos’ active shooter training is designed with the idea that you – the person on the scene when the attack occurs – are the true first-responder. What you do may determine who lives and dies that day.
While we’d like to think that people can rise to the occasion, it’s more accurate to state that people rise – or fall – based on the level of their training. Our natural responses to violent intruders are often completely at odds with what we need to do to prevail. Absent training, people have often:
- Run toward the sound of gunfire to confirm that the threat was real.
- Engaged in “normalcy bias” – denying that they’re under attack despite overwhelming evidence.
- Freeze in place instead of taking fundamental actions such as locking a door.
We’ve trained more than 125,000 people (and counting). Knowledge is power – power to resist and prevail against a violent intruder.
When people are trained, they can respond to a threat with confidence and resolve.
Church Security Training
For years, many churches assumed that "it can't happen here." It took catastrophic active-shooter events for the majority of congregations to realize that they, too, were vulnerable to a church shooter. Strategos International is a faith-based organization and understands the vital role that churches bring to communities. We not only train churches in security, we provide it in the congregations where we worship. Strategos is adamant that churches do not have to (and should not) "militarize" in order to have a secure environment. In addition, there is no one-size-fits-all approach to church security. While a set of core principles must be followed, there is a diversity of approaches toward protecting congregations.
Church security courses
- Church Security and Intruder Response Training (1 Day)
- Church Security and Intruder Response Training (2 Days)
- Intruder Response and Awareness for Church Personnel (7 Hours)
- Behavior Pattern Recognition for Church Personnel (8 Hours)
- Church Security Planning for Leadership Personnel (8 Hours)
- Advanced Church Security (2 Days)
- S.A.F.E. Approach for Churches: Verbal and Physical Conflict Management Resolution (2, 4 and 8 Hours)
- Firm Foundation Church Security Consultation
Tactical Security Courses for Churches
- Church Security Scenario Training (1 Day)
- Tactical Applications of the Pistol for Church Protectors
- Church Firearms Course (2 Days)
- Use of the Taser for Church Protectors (2 Days)
- Church Security Boot Camp (4 Days)
- Pastor and Platform Security for Church Protectors (2 Days)
OTHER CHURCH SECURITY-RELATED COURSES
CHURCH SECURITY TRAINING COURSE SCHEDULE
There are three ways to view our listing of church security courses.
- Scroll through the calendar below.
- Type your state (or a nearby state) in the search window.
- View a complete, chronological list of all scheduled courses on our church security events page.