Upon completion of this intensive 2-day, 20+ hour course, the participant will have a deeper understanding & additional skill set to PREVAIL during those times prior and during vehicle stops that escalate to either potentially deadly force engagements or increased level of force required to effect arrest. This doctrine will assist officers and departments in meeting a critical training need of increasing officer safety and decreasing department liability.
This is not a “car stops” course. This is an intermediate and advanced level course that will explore the realities of ENGAGEMENTS during vehicle stops, vehicle checks and vehicle assaults as well as the STRATEGIES to prevail during these types of engagements.
This course will expose the participant to flexible, fluid, flowing and unpredictable response(s) to rapidly escalating and dynamic vehicle engagements. The participant will be mentally and physically challenged to solve a multitude of problems utilizing an adaptive learning based philosophy. Each participant will be shown principles and techniques which have been discovered, continually assessed, evaluated, updated and applied in real world situations by the instructors teaching the course.
Video review and “force on force” training methodologies will be utilized to benefit the participant by allowing for a steeper learning curve.
All participants who successfully complete the course will receive the following:
- Certificate of attendance and successful completion
- Product discounts not available
This 2-Day, 20+ course will cover the following topics:
- Strategies of Vehicle Engagements PowerPoint & Lecture
- Extensive Solo & Pair Drilling
- Proper Set-Up of Vehicles During Stops & Checks
- Utilization of the Engine Block & Tires/Wheels for cover
- Understanding the true ballistic properties of a vehicle
- Utilizing a vehicle as a barricade
- Utilizing light applications to your advantage
- Suspect extractions & takedowns
- Effective performing under duress
- Choice of BDU’s/Overalls/Flight Suit/Old Uniforms
- Duty Rig
- Blue or Red Gun (If available)
- Handheld Illumination Tool
- Chest Protection for Women (vest)
- Groin Protection
- Knee Pads
**This course is Missouri P.O.S.T. Approved**
<back to courses page