This course is designed as a 45-hr "INSTRUCTOR LEVEL COURSE" to assist law enforcement agency's in dealing with the increasing problem of "Active Shooters" in highly populated buildings such as: Schools, businesses, day-care centers; etc.
A review of the most publicized and recent active shooter tragedies will be conducted. The importance of preparing for this type of dynamic, quickly changing, worse case scenario in a realistic training environment cannot be overemphasized. Because of this reality, this course includes extensive "Force on Force" drilling, live-fire drilling, and several field-training exercises with actors, pyrotechnics, and projectile training weapons designed to simulate a "real-world" scenario.
This immersion increases the proficiency level of the participant so that he or she can more effectively deliver these proven concepts and protocols to their respective agencies and organizations.
This course is highly recommended to any law enforcement professional with an instructor background or for any law enforcement officer that may be asked to respond to a call for help during one of these types of incidents such as: patrol officers, school resource officers, detectives, or administrators.
All students/participants who successfully complete the 5-day Instructor Course receive the following:
- High Quality Instructor Handbook - (Complete w/ talking point lesson plan, misc. articles, administrative documents, rosters, course evaluation forms, incident reports etc.)
- Product Discounts not available to the public
- Successful Completion & Instructor Certificate
Prerequisites: Instructor Background or training preferable
This 5 - Day, 45 hr. course will cover the following:
- Presenting "Active Shooter" multi-media lecture
- Extensive solo, pair, & small element drilling - (Live Fire & "Force on Force")
- Proper Movements, effective use of Cover and Concealment
- "Prevailing vs. Survival" Mindset Issues
- O.O.D.A. Cycle
- Building & room clearing techniques for pairs & small elements
- Horizontal & vertical cornering techniques
- History, Demographics, & Profiles of past "Active Shooter" Incidents
- Protocols & techniques for responding to "Active Shooter" scenarios
- "Team Leading" & managing small elements in dynamic & stressful environments
- Functioning effectively under duress
- Administration of a "Force on Force" training program
- Administrative requirements for Program Delivery
- Choice of BDU's/Sweats/Overalls/Flight Suit
- Flashlight used on duty
- Duty Rig & Handgun w/ 500 rounds of ammunition
- Duty Shotgun w/ 250 rounds of ammunition or carbine w/ 500 rounds of ammunition - Weaponlight is recommended
- Eye, Ear, Groin, & Neck Protection, Gloves
- (Chest Protection for Women)
<back to courses page